Can IA_PD and IA_NA be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?

Can IA_PD and IA_NA be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?

CTO YAN Renxiang
Hi, all,

Can IA_PD and IA_NA options be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?
It seems some Prefix delegation do not support such feature.
Which RFC define or recommend it? Why?

RGs,
-Renxiang

Re: Can IA_PD and IA_NA be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?

Francis Dupont-2
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   Can IA_PD and IA_NA options be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?

=> I can't see any reasons this may not be supported.

   It seems some Prefix delegation do not support such feature.

=> you mean some implementations? IMHO there are some limited
(i.e., very lazy :-) implementations which don't support multiple IAs
but this is far from to be the rule.

   Which RFC define or recommend it? Why?

=> RFC 3315 which defines IAs. As there should be at least one IA per
used type (NA/TA/PD) and per client interface, and IAs are identified
by IAIDs, this suggests multiple IAs are common...

Regards

[hidden email]

PS: TAHI DHCPv6 tests have a multiple IA configuration flag (I remember
because this flag is not documented so I'd to find what it is :-).

re: Can IA_PD and IA_NA be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?

CTO YAN Renxiang

In your previous mail you wrote:

>    Can IA_PD and IA_NA options be transfered in one DHCPv6 session?
>
> => I can't see any reasons this may not be supported.
>
>    It seems some Prefix delegation do not support such feature.
>
> => you mean some implementations? IMHO there are some limited
> (i.e., very lazy :-) implementations which don't support multiple IAs
> but this is far from to be the rule.

DHCP-0.10 (from sourceforge.net), which is based on KAME's DHCP implementation,
support only IA_PD or IA_NA.

I try to allocate an IPv6 address for CPE, and an IPv6 prefix for the home network during
CPE's interaction with DHCP server, but I failed when use DHCP-0.10 as an
experimental test.

I will check to see if other implementations have similar problem.