[Errata Rejected] RFC6062 (3467)

rfc-editor
The following errata report has been rejected for RFC6062,
"Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extensions for TCP Allocations".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid3467

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical

Reported by: Nazmus Shakeeb <[hidden email]>
Date Reported: 2013-01-22
Rejected by: Magnus Westerlund (IESG)

Section: 5.2.

Original Text
-------------
   Otherwise, the server MUST initiate an outgoing TCP connection.  The
   local endpoint is the relayed transport address associated with the
   allocation.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Otherwise, the server MUST initiate an outgoing TCP connection.  This
   connection MUST NOT be made using the relayed transport address
   associated with the allocation.

Notes
-----
if you send connect request using the allocated port then port the will not be in listen mode and this will prevent incoming tcp connection on this port.

this will cause major problem while doing ice check. The effect is so bad that

it may cause 97% call failure while using turn tcp behind nat.
 --VERIFIER NOTES--
To my understanding this errata is due to implementation limitation or error. One those systems I have knowledge of you can create a TCP connection outgoing from the same TCP port that you have a listener.

--------------------------------------
RFC6062 (draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-07)
Title               : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extensions for TCP Allocations
Publication Date    : November 2010
Author(s)           : S. Perreault, Ed., J. Rosenberg
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG