Fwd: [saag] pkcs#11 URI scheme

Stephen Farrell

Hiya,

Please see below. Similar question for this group.

Thanks,
S.

PS: I'm not subscribed to uri-review so please do
cc me on any on-list responses.

Re: Fwd: [saag] pkcs#11 URI scheme

Bjoern Hoehrmann
* Stephen Farrell wrote:
>[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri/

One thing I noticed is that it uses "x-" prefixed vendor extensions;
given BCP 178 there should probably be a rationale included in the
document (the first draft predates the BCP by some years, so perhaps
this is just documenting existing usage).
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/

On 26/11/14 16:07, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> [1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri/
>
> One thing I noticed is that it uses "x-" prefixed vendor extensions;
> given BCP 178 there should probably be a rationale included in the
> document (the first draft predates the BCP by some years, so perhaps
> this is just documenting existing usage).

Thanks Bjoern - that's a good comment to make during IETF
LC (which I've just requested). If you have a chance I'd
appreciate you asking. If not, (and if I remember:-), I'll
ask 'em myself.

Cheers,
S.

Re: Fwd: [saag] pkcs#11 URI scheme

Martin J. Dürst
On 2014/11/26 23:32, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Please see below. Similar question for this group.

My understanding is that the registration template should be in the
document itself, even if it's mostly the same as a previous one.

Regards,    Martin.

On 02/12/14 09:05, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> On 2014/11/26 23:32, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>>
>> Hiya,
>>
>> Please see below. Similar question for this group.
>
> My understanding is that the registration template should be in the
> document itself, even if it's mostly the same as a previous one.

Thanks Martin, I'll check that out and we can get it fixed at
the end of IETF LC (that being ok as I think it is the same as
before). If you don't mind we may run that by this list just
to check it's correct at that point.

Cheers,
S.

> Regards,    Martin.
>
>> Thanks,
>> S.
>>
>> PS: I'm not subscribed to uri-review so please do
>> cc me on any on-list responses.

Shawn M Emery

On 12/ 2/14 02:05 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> On 2014/11/26 23:32, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>>
>> Hiya,
>>
>> Please see below. Similar question for this group.
>
> My understanding is that the registration template should be in the
> document itself, even if it's mostly the same as a previous one.

Yes.  The authors will include the template here:

     http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/pkcs11

after removing the list of implementations.

Thanks,

Shawn.

On 11/26/14 09:07 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> [1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri/
> One thing I noticed is that it uses "x-" prefixed vendor extensions;
> given BCP 178 there should probably be a rationale included in the
> document (the first draft predates the BCP by some years, so perhaps
> this is just documenting existing usage).

We agree that this should be done.  The authors will make this update
with the next revision.

Thanks,

Shawn.