How about ldapext meetup before LDAPcon 2017?

How about ldapext meetup before LDAPcon 2017?

Michael Ströder
HI!

Given that some of you still lurking on ietf-ldapext list will also be in Bruxelles at
LDAPcon 2017 (see https://ldapcon.org/2017/) Andrew and me are considering to have a
meetup the late afternoon / early evening before LDAPcon (Wednesday, October 18th).

That's still only a rough idea. We would have to organize a meeting room etc.

Personal suggestions for an agenda:
- discuss whether/how to continue with outstanding LDAP standardization issues
- discuss Next LDAPExt draft charter written by Ludo (see list archive)
- review ldapext discussions about RFC 2307bis and identify blockers and/or work items
- have dinner and beer

What do you think? Please let us know ASAP by following-up on ldapext list.

Ciao, Michael.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: How about ldapext meetup before LDAPcon 2017?

Dieter Klünter
Am Fri, 11 Aug 2017 17:39:39 +0200
schrieb Michael Ströder <[hidden email]>:

> HI!
>
> Given that some of you still lurking on ietf-ldapext list will also
> be in Bruxelles at LDAPcon 2017 (see https://ldapcon.org/2017/)
> Andrew and me are considering to have a meetup the late afternoon /
> early evening before LDAPcon (Wednesday, October 18th).
>
> That's still only a rough idea. We would have to organize a meeting
> room etc.
>
> Personal suggestions for an agenda:
> - discuss whether/how to continue with outstanding LDAP
> standardization issues
> - discuss Next LDAPExt draft charter written by Ludo (see list
> archive)
> - review ldapext discussions about RFC 2307bis and identify blockers
> and/or work items
> - have dinner and beer
>
> What do you think? Please let us know ASAP by following-up on ldapext
> list.
[...]

Dinner and beer sounds good. Last discussions at LDAPCon2015 on this
topics showed that there is some interest. But to go further we have to
set up a new WG, that should be discussed as well.

-Dieter

--
[*] sys4 AG
Tel.: +49 (89) 30 904 664

Dieter Klünter wrote:
> Am Fri, 11 Aug 2017 17:39:39 +0200 schrieb Michael Ströder <[hidden email]>:
>> Personal suggestions for an agenda:
>> - discuss Next LDAPExt draft charter written by Ludo (see list
>> archive)
> [...]
>
> But to go further we have to
> set up a new WG, that should be discussed as well.

Yes, that's why I'd like to discuss the draft charter (mentioned above) which Ludo wrote
after LDAPcon 2015 and which you can find in the ldapext list archive:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ldapext/4fEh3Y9adJEl24r2F0598bnXrcg