Link to current list of IAB members

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Link to current list of IAB members

Phillip Hallam-Baker-2
If people would like the IAB boilerplate to be done correctly, it would be nice if there was a preset link to the current list of members somewhere so that I can put that in the tool.

Otherwise, I think you would want to modify the xml2rfc schema to include the info.

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link to current list of IAB members

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
On 7/12/17 3:15 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> If people would like the IAB boilerplate to be done correctly, it would
> be nice if there was a preset link to the current list of members
> somewhere so that I can put that in the tool.
>
> Otherwise, I think you would want to modify the xml2rfc schema to
> include the info.
>

Are you thinking something like a processing instruction?

--Heather
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link to current list of IAB members

Martin Thomson-3
On 13 July 2017 at 09:14, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 7/12/17 3:15 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>> If people would like the IAB boilerplate to be done correctly, it would
>> be nice if there was a preset link to the current list of members
>> somewhere so that I can put that in the tool.
>
> Are you thinking something like a processing instruction?

XInclude would work if someone were to host a file with that list.
Given how often the IAB publishes something, it might be
over-optimizing though.
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link to current list of IAB members

Phillip Hallam-Baker-2
In reply to this post by Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)


On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/12/17 3:15 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> If people would like the IAB boilerplate to be done correctly, it would
> be nice if there was a preset link to the current list of members
> somewhere so that I can put that in the tool.
>
> Otherwise, I think you would want to modify the xml2rfc schema to
> include the info.
>

Are you thinking something like a processing instruction?

​Oh please no. Processing instructions are bogus.

I was thinking a <contributor> element would be the most general way to express the information. Which I will actually need for OASIS docs anyway.​

 

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Link to current list of IAB members

Phillip Hallam-Baker-2
In reply to this post by Martin Thomson-3


On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Martin Thomson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 13 July 2017 at 09:14, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 7/12/17 3:15 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>> If people would like the IAB boilerplate to be done correctly, it would
>> be nice if there was a preset link to the current list of members
>> somewhere so that I can put that in the tool.
>
> Are you thinking something like a processing instruction?

XInclude would work if someone were to host a file with that list.
Given how often the IAB publishes something, it might be
over-optimizing though.


​IAB changes much less frequently than I recompile code.

XInclude to a document containing a list of <contributor> elements would work.

Or we could use <author> and define contributor as a role. That would require least change to the schema.


BTW, I have the schema converted to XSD if anyone needs it.​

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest