M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

Suchetha P

Re: M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

Suchetha P
Hi,

Could some one please reply as soon as possible.
Appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
Suchetha

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:54 AM, Suchetha P <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

When M3UA Heart beat loss is detected at local node due BEAT ack  not received for the BEAT message sent and Heart beat timer times out it makes the ASP  down locally.
Currently there seems to be no action take when the M3UA layer makes the ASP  down. The local node does not  send any message towards the core network for bringing up the ASP.
So I would like to know once ASP is down due to HB lost at M3UA layer then how does the local node recover the M3UA layer ?

Best Regards,
Suchetha

Re: M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

Brian F. G. Bidulock-2
Suchetha,

Suchetha P wrote:                       (Tue, 23 Jan 2018 06:20:20)

>    Hi,
>    Could some one please reply as soon as possible.
>    Appreciate your help.
>    Best Regards,
>    Suchetha
>    On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:54 AM, Suchetha P <[hidden email]>
>    wrote:
>    Hi,
>    When M3UA Heart beat loss is detected at local node due BEAT ack  not
>    received for the BEAT message sent and Heart beat timer times out it
>    makes the ASP  down locally.
>    Currently there seems to be no action take when the M3UA layer makes
>    the ASP  down. The local node does not  send any message towards the
>    core network for bringing up the ASP.
>    So I would like to know once ASP is down due to HB lost at M3UA layer
>    then how does the local node recover the M3UA layer ?

Nobody uses M3UA BEAT much, because it is optional and ETSI
prescribes against it.

However, don't you think that the "local" system should either
send an ASP UP or drop the SCTP association and start again?

>    Best Regards,
>    Suchetha

Brian F. G. Bidulock
[hidden email]
http://www.openss7.com/

Re: M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

Suchetha P
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.
I see that the "local" system is not initiating ASP UP message nor aborting the association.
Inorder to recover  from the ASP down state the "local system" expects M3UA BEAT,ASP UP messages from the peer which the peer is not initiating.
The M3UA Heat beat mechanism needs to be enabled at both the ends isn't it ?
I see that the M3UA Heart beat is disabled at the remote end resulting in no response from the peer for the BEAT message sent by the "local system".
If M3UA Heart beat was enabled at the remote end then on receiving BEAT from the remote node "loca system" would have responded with BEAT ACK resulting in ASP UP.

Best Regards,
Suchetha

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:33 PM, Brian F. G. Bidulock <[hidden email]> wrote:

Suchetha,

Suchetha P wrote:                      (Tue, 23 Jan 2018 06:20:20)

>    Hi,
>    Could some one please reply as soon as possible.
>    Appreciate your help.
>    Best Regards,
>    Suchetha
>    On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:54 AM, Suchetha P <[hidden email]>
>    wrote:
>    Hi,
>    When M3UA Heart beat loss is detected at local node due BEAT ack  not
>    received for the BEAT message sent and Heart beat timer times out it
>    makes the ASP  down locally.
>    Currently there seems to be no action take when the M3UA layer makes
>    the ASP  down. The local node does not  send any message towards the
>    core network for bringing up the ASP.
>    So I would like to know once ASP is down due to HB lost at M3UA layer
>    then how does the local node recover the M3UA layer ?

Nobody uses M3UA BEAT much, because it is optional and ETSI
prescribes against it.

However, don't you think that the "local" system should either
send an ASP UP or drop the SCTP association and start again?

>    Best Regards,
>    Suchetha

Brian F. G. Bidulock
[hidden email]
http://www.openss7.com/

Re: M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

Brian F. G. Bidulock-2
Suchetha,

Suchetha P wrote:                     (Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:37:13)

>    Hi Brian,
>    Thanks for your response.
>    I see that the "local" system is not initiating ASP UP message nor
>    aborting the association.
>    Inorder to recover  from the ASP down state the "local system" expects
>    M3UA BEAT,ASP UP messages from the peer which the peer is not
>    initiating.
>    The M3UA Heat beat mechanism needs to be enabled at both the ends isn't
>    it ?
>    I see that the M3UA Heart beat is disabled at the remote end resulting
>    in no response from the peer for the BEAT message sent by the "local
>    system".
>    If M3UA Heart beat was enabled at the remote end then on receiving BEAT
>    from the remote node "loca system" would have responded with BEAT ACK
>    resulting in ASP UP.

Just turn it off on both ends.
.
--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[hidden email]

Re: M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection

Suchetha P
Thanks Brian!
On Tue, 1/23/18, Brian F. G. Bidulock <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Sigtran] M3UA Recovery after Heart beat loss detection
 To: "Suchetha P" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 3:41 PM

 Suchetha,

 Suchetha P wrote:
 (Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:37:13)
 >    Hi
 Brian,
 >    Thanks for your
 response.
 >    I see that the
 "local" system is not initiating ASP UP message
 nor
 >    aborting the association.
 >    Inorder to recover  from the ASP
 down state the "local system" expects
 >    M3UA BEAT,ASP UP messages from the
 peer which the peer is not

 initiating.
 >    The M3UA Heat beat
 mechanism needs to be enabled at both the ends isn't
 >    it ?
 >    I see
 that the M3UA Heart beat is disabled at the remote end
 resulting
 >    in no response from the
 peer for the BEAT message sent by the "local
 >    system".

   If M3UA Heart beat was enabled at the remote end then on
 receiving BEAT
 >    from the remote
 node "loca system" would have responded with BEAT
 ACK
 >    resulting in ASP UP.

 Just turn it off on both
 ends.