Network slicing side meeting at IETF97

Dongjie (Jimmy)
Dear all,

Following on from the recent discussions on network slicing, it seems useful to have a side meeting during next week's IETF to see if we can establish a common view on the definition and scope of network slicing, what work is currently being undertaken in the IETF on this problem space, and what (if any) new IETF work would be needed to create deployable network solutions.

To that end we propose a side meeting on the topic of network slicing and have got a room to have this discussion on the Tuesday evening of the IETF week.

Meeting Name: 5G Network Slicing Side Meeting
Assigned Room: Studio 3
Assigned Date: 11/15/2016 (Tuesday)
Assigned Time: 19:00 - 21:00

To make the most of this time, it would be useful if a few of us introduce to the rest our thoughts on the subject before having an open discussion. We have a projector, and so those introducing an aspect of this problem can use slides, but slides are not required.

The topics we have so far are:

1.  Network slicing problem statement  - Stewart Bryant
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-network-slicing-problem-statement-00

2.  Autonomic slicing networking  - Alex Galis
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-galis-anima-autonomic-slice-networking-00

3.  Multicast and mobility service on demand with network slicing  - Truong-Xuan Do
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xuan-dmm-multicast-mobility-slicing-00

If you have experiences/understanding of network slicing related use cases, requirements or problems etc., we welcome their inclusion in the agenda to help bring the rest up to speed.

Following that, we propose an open discussion to establish whether there are work items that we need to get included in any existing IETF WG charter, or whether we need to initiate any new work in the IETF.

If you have comments on our proposed agenda, or you want to introduce an aspect of the problem to the rest of the group, then please contact us with name of the topic and how long you need to talk about it.

Many thanks and best regards,

Jie/Stewart/Mach

Network slicing side meeting agenda (tonight 19:00 in Studio 3)

Dongjie (Jimmy)
Dear all,

The network slicing side meeting will be held today 19:00-21:00 in room Studio 3.

Here is the agenda of the meeting:

1. Network slicing problem statement 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-network-slicing-problem-statement-00
Stewart Bryant

2. Autonomic slice networking 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-galis-anima-autonomic-slice-networking-00
Alex Galis

3. Architecture for delivering multicast mobility services using network slicing  15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xuan-dmm-multicast-mobility-slicing-00
Truong-Xuan Do

4. ACTN and network slicing 15 mins
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-01