Non-contiguous URL numbers in text format

Non-contiguous URL numbers in text format

Jeffrey Yasskin
Hi RFC folks,

If this isn't the right place to report a bug with xml2rfc, please
point me toward the right place. I found you via
https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/experimental.html.

The attached XML (generated via kramdown-rfc2629 from the attached
markdown) produces URLs [1] and [3], but not [2]. The three links are:

And from that `xml2rfc test.xml` generates the following text:

1.  Introduction

   Link 1 [1]

   https://example.com/link2

   [hidden email] [3]

2.  References

2.1.  URIs

   [1] https://example.com/link1

   [3] mailto:[hidden email]

Jeffrey

test.md (578 bytes) Download Attachment
test.xml (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Non-contiguous URL numbers in text format

Jeffrey Yasskin
Here's another example where similar links actually cause the citations to fail to match:

    <note title="Note to Readers">
<t>The source code and issues list for this draft can be found
    </note>
  </front>
  <middle>
<section anchor="introduction" title="Introduction">

Produces:

1.  Introduction

   Misnumbered [2]

2.  References

2.1.  URIs

test.md (758 bytes) Download Attachment
test.xml (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Non-contiguous URL numbers in text format

HANSEN, TONY L

Please file a trac issue at https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/

Be sure to attach your files to the ticket.

Thank you.

                Tony Hansen

Re: Non-contiguous URL numbers in text format

Jeffrey Yasskin
Done, thanks!

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/334
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/335