Path Aware Networking Research Group (panrg)

Path Aware Networking Research Group (panrg)

Alvaro Retana (aretana)

FYI

I just came across this *proposed* Research Group (akin to a BoF) that will meet in Prague.  The description is: “The Path Aware Networking (Proposed) Research Group aims to support research in bringing path awareness to transport and application layer protocols, and to bring research in this space to the attention of the Internet engineering and protocol design community.”  I think the interesting part from a routing-related point of view is not just how to expose that information to higher layer protocols, but the inverse: how to learn about requirements and implement that in the network.  I know that these topics are not brand new, and that there has already been significant work in this area (from both sides), including SDN, etc.

In any case, if anyone wants to take a look: https://github.com/panrg/meeting-materials

Alvaro.