WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Susan Hares-4

During our work last fall, we noted an early implementation for the wide-communities draft during the testing of large communities discussions.  Based on operator input, we completed the large community (RFC8092) and draft-ietf-idr-shutdown standardization.

At this time, the chairs would like to cycle back to early allocation for the wide-communities (draft-ietf-idr-wide-communities-04.txt).  At this point we have:

1)      Stable draft (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-communities/)

2)      An Implementation seeking early testing, and

3)      A need for an early allocation

This begins a 2 week WG call for early allocation approval.

Sue Hares

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Jakob Heitz (jheitz)

I support the allocation.

Thanks,

Jakob.

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Acee Lindem (acee)
I support early allocation.
Thanks,
Acee

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Henderickx, Wim (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)

I support the allocation

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Peter Hessler
support allocation

On 2017 Jun 14 (Wed) at 18:34:30 -0400 (-0400), Susan Hares wrote:
:At this time, the chairs would like to cycle back to early allocation for
:the wide-communities (draft-ietf-idr-wide-communities-04.txt).

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Nick Hilliard
Susan Hares wrote:
> This begins a 2 week WG call for early allocation approval.

yes, this is a sensible move.

Nick

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Jeff Tantsura-2

I support the early allocation

Cheers,

Jeff

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Keyur Patel

Support.

Regards,

Keyur

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Job Snijders-2
Support.

I believe early allocations help mitigate squatting or self-servicing.

Kind regards,

Job

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 at 00:40, Susan Hares <[hidden email]> wrote:

During our work last fall, we noted an early implementation for the wide-communities draft during the testing of large communities discussions.  Based on operator input, we completed the large community (RFC8092) and draft-ietf-idr-shutdown standardization.

At this time, the chairs would like to cycle back to early allocation for the wide-communities (draft-ietf-idr-wide-communities-04.txt).  At this point we have:

1)      Stable draft (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-communities/)

2)      An Implementation seeking early testing, and

3)      A need for an early allocation

This begins a 2 week WG call for early allocation approval.

Sue Hares

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

Jeffrey Haas-2
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 06:34:30PM -0400, Susan Hares wrote:
> During our work last fall, we noted an early implementation for the
> wide-communities draft during the testing of large communities discussions.
> Based on operator input, we completed the large community (RFC8092) and
> draft-ietf-idr-shutdown standardization.

[...]
> This begins a 2 week WG call for early allocation approval.

I support early allocation.

-- Jeff

Re: WG Early Allocation Call for draft-ietf-idr-wide-bgp-community-04.txt - 6/14 to 6/28

David Monosov
I'd like to express my support for early allocation. With a set of implementations already out and active experimentation ongoing this is an opportunity to eliminate squatting.

--
Sincerely yours,

David Monosov