draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

123

draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Richard Welty
please list me as being in favor of this draft.

richard

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Mickey Chandler-6
On 2/28/2011 4:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
> please list me as being in favor of this draft.

+1

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

John Johnson-13
On 02/28/2011 04:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
> please list me as being in favor of this draft.

please count me as also in favor, if not already

John

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Kelly Molloy
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM, John Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 02/28/2011 04:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
>> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
>
> please count me as also in favor, if not already

Add me as well.

In fact, Claus, you can add my name and email address to your webpage
as supporting the BCP. No reason to leave all the work to Chris and
Matt.

--kelly

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Michael Ellis-6

And me too

Michael Ellis

database 5915 (20110228) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Franck Martin-3
me too

Franck Martin
http://www.avonsys.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Avonsys
http://www.linkedin.com/company/avonsys
twitter: FranckMartin Avonsys

Check your domain reputation: http://gurl.im/b69d4o
Application Monitoring: http://gurl.im/4d39Gu

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM, John Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 02/28/2011 04:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
> >> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
> >
> > please count me as also in favor, if not already
>
> Add me as well.

And me too

Michael Ellis

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

TRBL Support
Me, too.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Franck Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> me too
>
> Franck Martin
> http://www.avonsys.com/
> http://www.facebook.com/Avonsys
> http://www.linkedin.com/company/avonsys
> twitter: FranckMartin Avonsys
>
> Check your domain reputation: http://gurl.im/b69d4o
> Application Monitoring: http://gurl.im/4d39Gu

trblspamtrap dnsbl: http://www.trblspam.com
simple, spamtrap driven, easy on, easy off

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Larry M. Smith
On 2/28/11 6:38 PM, John Johnson wrote:
> On 02/28/2011 04:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
>> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
>
> please count me as also in favor, if not already

If this is a vote; Please count me also in favor of the BCP retaining
its current wording.

SgtChains

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Rich Kulawiec

I'm in favor of the BCP with its current wording.  Not that I completely
agree with every last bit of it, but I think it's an awfully good first
stake-in-the-ground, and that we should plant it, take a deep breath,
then start thinking and debating about what the second stake should
look like.

---rsk

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Joe Sniderman-2
On 02/28/2011 08:43 PM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

> I'm in favor of the BCP with its current wording.  Not that I completely
> agree with every last bit of it, but I think it's an awfully good first
> stake-in-the-ground, and that we should plant it, take a deep breath,
> then start thinking and debating about what the second stake should
> look like.

+1

While I'm not 100% pleased with the current wording of the conflict of
interest section, it is close enough IMHO. Count me in favor of the BCP
(with its current text) as well.

--
Joe Sniderman <[hidden email]>

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Steve Linford-2
On 28 Feb 2011, at 23:49, Richard Welty wrote:

> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
>
> richard

I also am in favour of the 07 draft. So if this is a vote, here's mine.

  Steve Linford
  The Spamhaus Project
  http://www.spamhaus.org

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz-3

+1 in favor of 07 draft.

(Sorry for top posting... no need to reed the rest).

Jose-Marcio

Steve Linford wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2011, at 23:49, Richard Welty wrote:
>
>> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
>>
>> richard
>
> I also am in favour of the 07 draft. So if this is a vote, here's mine.
>
>    Steve Linford
>    The Spamhaus Project
>    http://www.spamhaus.org

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Michael McConnell-2
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Joe Sniderman wrote:

> On 02/28/2011 08:43 PM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
>>
>> I'm in favor of the BCP with its current wording.  Not that I completely
>> agree with every last bit of it, but I think it's an awfully good first
>> stake-in-the-ground, and that we should plant it, take a deep breath,
>> then start thinking and debating about what the second stake should
>> look like.
>
> +1
>
> While I'm not 100% pleased with the current wording of the conflict of
> interest section, it is close enough IMHO. Count me in favor of the BCP
> (with its current text) as well.

+1.

-- Michael McConnell
    Eridani Star System

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Skull-2
On 3/1/11 9:30 AM, Michael McConnell wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Joe Sniderman wrote:
>
>> On 02/28/2011 08:43 PM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm in favor of the BCP with its current wording.  Not that I completely
>>> agree with every last bit of it, but I think it's an awfully good first
>>> stake-in-the-ground, and that we should plant it, take a deep breath,
>>> then start thinking and debating about what the second stake should
>>> look like.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> While I'm not 100% pleased with the current wording of the conflict of
>> interest section, it is close enough IMHO. Count me in favor of the BCP
>> (with its current text) as well.
>
> +1.

Add me too.

--
Paranoia is a disease unto itself. And may I add: the person standing
next to you may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Matthias Leisi
>>> +1
>>>
>>> While I'm not 100% pleased with the current wording of the conflict of
>>> interest section, it is close enough IMHO. Count me in favor of the BCP
>>> (with its current text) as well.
>>
>> +1.
>
> Add me too.

+1, including the above paragraph.

-- Matthias

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Graeme Fowler
On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 20:43 -0500, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> I'm in favor of the BCP with its current wording.  Not that I completely
> agree with every last bit of it, but I think it's an awfully good first
> stake-in-the-ground, and that we should plant it, take a deep breath,
> then start thinking and debating about what the second stake should
> look like.

It's not often I have agreed with RSK word for word :) but I agree with
that.

Graeme (representing the vastly smaller end of the scale)

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Blaine Fleming
ditto

--Blaine

On 3/1/2011 1:18 AM, Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:

> +1 in favor of 07 draft.
>
> (Sorry for top posting... no need to reed the rest).
>
> Jose-Marcio
>
> Steve Linford wrote:
>> On 28 Feb 2011, at 23:49, Richard Welty wrote:
>>
>>> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
>>>
>>> richard
>>
>> I also am in favour of the 07 draft. So if this is a vote, here's mine.
>>
>>    Steve Linford
>>    The Spamhaus Project
>>    http://www.spamhaus.org

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07 [re-send]

Neil Schwartzman-3

On Feb 28, 2011, at 5:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:

> please list me as being in favor of this draft.

<aol> +1, and agreed. Heck, I may have even been the person to suggest this clause, some years ago at the IRTF meeting when the ASRG was resurrected. Charging for delisting is just plain bad business.

Allow me to take a brief moment to draw a significant line between the Spamhaus business model, and one based upon delisting. For those too drunk, blind, or somehow mentally deficient to spot it for themselves, it is simple. One charges the beneficiaries of a given DNSBL (Spamhaus) and thus motivates a blacklist operator to run the very best product possible. The other, such as previously done by SORBS, or now UCE Protect, motivates the DNSBL operator to list as many IPs as possible (1) for financial profit.

(Tangentially, were I an employee, particularly senior middle-management, like a Director, of a firm where presumably non-unionized staff went on 'strike' I would find that reason to rouse the CEO from his nightly reveries, not sit back and watch things play out. As it stands, the unanimity of the vote is noteworthy, and I doubt Messagelabs and Nortel are going to take this lying down. An abnegation of professional responsibility, in my mind.)

(1) UCE Protect claims to have listed a significant number of IPs in the past week:

Spammer listings within the last 7 days:
Level 1: 1767801 IP's, Level 2: 21354 Allocations, Level 3: 583 ASN's. Last Updated: 01.03.2011 13:01 CET
--
Neil Schwartzman
Executive Director

http://cauce.org
http://twitter.com/cauce
IM: caucecanada
Tel.: +1 (303) 800 6345

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07 [re-send]

Matt Sergeant-2
Neil Schwartzman wrote:
<aol> +1, and agreed. Heck, I may have even been the person to suggest this clause, some years ago at the IRTF meeting when the ASRG was resurrected. Charging for delisting is just plain bad business.
The original wording was designed to cover this, it said (and jeez, this was back in 2003!): " If all things listed in your criteria for listing are cleared up then there should be no reason to not remove the IP address. No extra rules for de-listing.". We simply made it more explicit (and better English).

Matt.

Re: draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

Matthew Sullivan
Kelly Molloy wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM, John Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 02/28/2011 04:49 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
>>
>>> please list me as being in favor of this draft.
>>>
>> please count me as also in favor, if not already
>>

> Add me as well.
>
> In fact, Claus, you can add my name and email address to your webpage
> as supporting the BCP. No reason to leave all the work to Chris and
> Matt.

As I had joined the discussion on the payment aspect you can add me as well.

Michelle
123